Introducing Ecoply, the solid plywood that is a safer choice for all.
Here’s a comparison with Ecoply and regular plywood:
- Formaldehyde Concentration - 9/10 of plywood from Singapore and Malaysia contain formaldehyde emissions that exceed the standards set by WHO by 5 to 10 times.
- Not tested
- Formaldehyde Concentration - does not exceed 0.5Mg/L, which is considered a safe concentration for human exposure and rated emissions-free
- Tested and certified by SGS Singapore
What are some specific advantages that ecoply can deliver to homeowners in Singapore?
We take a look at the key benefits:
QUALITY TESTED AND CERTIFIED FOR PEACE OF MIND
- Ecoply is tested and certified by SGS Singapore, a trusted and reliable testing centre, to prove that is emissions-free.
- It is rated 4 ticks, which is the highest rating on its specification system.
SAFE TO USE
- Ecoply has been assessed to contain zero emissions, with a formaldehyde concentration of no more than 0.5 Mg/Litre which is considered a safe concentration for exposure to humans.
- Homeowners can be assured knowing that it is safe for their use, as well as for their loved ones.
SUITABLE FOR ALL CARPENTRY WORK
- It is the safest interior plywood that is suitable for woodwork because it is emissions-free.
- It is also ideal because it has an extensive range of plywood thickness (3mm/9mm/15mm/18mm) for all carpentry works.
Low formaldehyde plywood boards have become increasingly popular due to concerns over indoor air quality and health risks associated with formaldehyde exposure.
WHAT IS LOW FORMALDEHYDE PLYWOOD BOARD?
- Formaldehyde is a chemical used in the manufacturing of many building materials, including plywood. It is used as an adhesive in the manufacturing process to bond the layers of wood together. However, exposure to high levels of formaldehyde can cause health problems, such as respiratory issues, eye irritation, and even cancer.
- Low formaldehyde plywood boards are made with adhesives that have lower levels of formaldehyde. The formaldehyde emissions from these boards are significantly lower than those from traditional plywood boards. Low formaldehyde plywood boards are also sometimes referred to as “E0” or “E1” boards, depending on their formaldehyde emission levels.
HOW ARE LOW FORMALDEHYDE PLYWOOD BOARDS MADE?
- Low formaldehyde plywood boards are made using different types of adhesives that have lower levels of formaldehyde. These adhesives are made from a variety of materials, including soy, wheat, and other natural ingredients. The adhesives are also formulated to reduce formaldehyde emissions during the manufacturing process.
- The manufacturing process for low formaldehyde plywood boards is similar to that of traditional plywood boards. Layers of wood veneers are bonded together using the low formaldehyde adhesive, and then pressed under heat and pressure to create a strong and durable panel.
BENEFITS OF LOW FORMALDEHYDE PLYWOOD BOARDS
Better Indoor Air Quality: Low formaldehyde plywood boards emit significantly less formaldehyde than traditional plywood boards. This can help improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of health problems associated with formaldehyde exposure.
Environmentally Friendly: Low formaldehyde plywood boards are made using natural adhesives, which are more environmentally friendly than traditional adhesives made from petroleum-based materials.
Strong and Durable: Low formaldehyde plywood boards are just as strong and durable as traditional plywood boards. They can be used in a variety of applications, including furniture, cabinetry, flooring, and wall panels.
- Cost-Effective: Low formaldehyde plywood boards are cost-effective and competitively priced with traditional plywood boards.
USES OF LOW FORMALDEHYDE PLYWOOD BOARDS
Low formaldehyde plywood boards can be used in a variety of applications, including:
Furniture: Low formaldehyde plywood boards can be used to make furniture, such as desks, tables, and chairs.
Cabinetry: Low formaldehyde plywood boards can be used to make cabinets for kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas of the home.
Flooring: Low formaldehyde plywood boards can be used as a subfloor or as the primary flooring material.
- Wall Panels: Low formaldehyde plywood boards can be used to make wall panels for interior and exterior applications.
Low formaldehyde plywood boards are a safer and more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional plywood boards. They emit significantly less formaldehyde, which can help improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of health problems. Low formaldehyde plywood boards are also cost-effective and can be used in a variety of applications, including furniture, cabinetry, flooring, and wall panels. If you are looking for a safer and more sustainable option for your next building project, consider using low formaldehyde plywood boards.